To send an SMS from your email account, the address must be authorised on your account.
1. Click on your EMAIL SMS section and then click on the NEW EMAIL button
2. Enter your email address and select your NUMBER FORMAT
NUMBER FORMAT: Dictates whether your account can use local numbers only or send internationally as well.
3. Emails can be long and you don't want to end up sending a lot of superfluous information, therefore you can set a MESSAGE LIMIT on the number of characters that can be sent.
EMAIL SIGNATURES: These are trimmed automatically if they are standardised. Also if there are more than three line breaks the information is trimmed there as well.
4. If you want your number to always be the same you can use your own dedicated virtual mobile number (limited to certain countries), or you can set the virtual mobile number to use one of our free shared numbers.
5. You can set your email to receive all DELIVERY NOTIFICATIONS or you can set it to receive failed messages only.
6. You can set your CONVERSATION HISTORY to display the message threads by selecting YES or you can select NO so that nothing but the reply itself appears in the email.
7. You can set whether to display the recipients name or number for DISPLAY FROM NAME field
Example: Displaying recipients by name:
Example: Displaying recipient by number:
8. You can set whether you would like the EMAIL SUBJECT or EMAIL BODY to be the MESSAGE CONTENT
9. Click on the ACTIVATE button
How to format your email / SMTP
1. To send an SMS using your email package set the To: field to the mobile number you're sending to in your chosen format eg.
If you are sending to multiple recipients set the CC field instead.
3. You must ensure that the from address is set to a nominated email address above.
4. If you want to receive replies back to your email leave the subject blank.
The recipient will receive the message from our system response number, this can be overridden by adding a name or mobile number in international format to the subject line of the email. No spaces, 11 chars max. You will not receive replies to the email if overriding the sender ID.
5. The body of the email will contain your complete conversation as you communicate.