We have enabled a USA based messaging service on the Burst SMS platform.
We have seen a demand from people not wanting to have to deal with expensive short codes and compliance processes when they just want to send a few reminder messages or transactional type messaging.
Please keep in mind that US service is currently in beta, we would highly appreciate any feedback on connection, usability and reliability.
There are several current limitations for USA services.
1. No concatenation, max message length is 160 chars
2. Max throughput of 10 messages per second.
3. No authentic delivery reports, we only report on delivery to carrier, not to handset.
4. No Alpha callerID, all messages must be sent from our longcodes
5. Some reports of reliability of delivery to ATT handsets using longcodes
6. SPAM compliance laws differ from Burst SMS standard SPAM compliance rules. Please review CTIA Best Practices to ensure compliance.
NB: Longcodes are subject to random blocking.
If you are getting hard bounced messages to known active handsets it is possible the long code has been identified as an invalid number and blocked from sending. This is one of the risks of using long codes as Sender ID and why we use a rotating pool to send. If you have a dedicated number that is being blocked, contact us for a free replacement.
Contact Help Desk for information or sign up at http://burstsms.net